Who wants to feel bloated? Nobody! Especially when you are wearing something fitting, baring it all in a bathing suit or if you have an important function or date.
There is a difference between battling the bulge of excess body fat and battling the bloat. The pooch or extra belly fat can be combated with diet, exercise and body contouring procedures, such as Smartlipo. Bloating however is a temporary condition that makes us feel full and “puffy” which is often a result of what we are eating and doing – or not doing. In a recent two-part series Health.com addressed bloating and revealed some helpful tips.
Here is a list of things to do to prevent the foreboding presence of belly bloat:
- Do not be a couch potato, get up and move around, this helps stimulate digestion and prevents constipation.
- Drink more fluid and flush the system and reduce retention with at least eight glasses of water, coconut water, and other beverages, daily.
- Consume more potassium rich foods, such as melon, citrus, and even supplements
- Peppermint tea helps aid indigestion and alleviate gas and associated pains. Ginger can also be helpful when ingested.
- Watch the sodium and salt intake, also diet and regular sodas can contribute to bloating
- Take your time when eating, eating on the run or eating too fast can cause air to build up, which causes indigestion.
- Veggies in the raw can cause bloating. Broccoli, cauliflower and other produce can cause gas and discomfort
- Relax more and reduce stress. Stress causes certain hormones and chemicals to build up and cause stomach related issues. Take a deep breath, and reduce anxieties where possible.
- Chewing gum and even sugar free gum can cause air and gas to get into the digestive tract. You may want to cut down if this is an issue for you.
Stomach pain, gas and irregularity can be caused by many things, and there are ways to curb and prevent them, but if it is a persistent issue, get a check-up. Chronic bloating and digestive issues can be cause by allergies, intolerance to foods and dairy – and the issue may be something more serious. It is best to look into incessant bloating by paying a visit to your doctor for further examination.Tweet