We are told that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but we do not always have the time to eat it. If we do feel hunger in the morning we always find ourselves picking up a donut or a pop tart something easy, and of course we enjoy the easy sweet treats. However, after eating these sugary sweets we find ourselves hungry again within a half hour, than throughout the day you are in constantly fighting for the sweet tooth high again.
As you go through your day you are reminded of how you want more sweets, which make a diet very hard to be on! So why do we love sweets so much? According to Christine Gerbstadt, MD, RD, a dietitian and American Dietetic Association (ADA) spokeswoman, she says we prefer sweet as young babies. So, from day one we have a problem with sweet! The problem we have is when we over indulge in the sugars. Our body feels as if we need that consistent sugar in our lives.
But, there are ways to help fight the urge of the sweet tooth disease with these simple tips we can change our “diet” to a life style change and lose weight:
- You can eat some sugar, however in moderation. Have a candy bar once a week, that way you don’t feel as if you’re getting punished.
- You can combine the sweet food with some healthy food such as, dark chocolate and fruit. This way you get your indulge, but you can still feel good about what you’re eating.
- You can shock your body and go completely cold turkey. For the first 3 days, you will feel the effects of your choice, but once you get over the 3 days it gets easier and easier.
- Choose a different sugary treat. If your love is chocolate try chewing gum. According to nutritionist Dave Grotto, RD, LDN “research shows chewing gum can reduce food cravings.”
- Try a healthier approach, not all sugar is bad sugar. You just have to find the right kind of sugar such as eating an apple, or try dried fruit.
- Every time you crave a sweet, drink some water or try to take it off your mind.
- Keep your portions smaller, by reducing the amount of sweets you have over time you’ll feel to savor every bite and appreciate the piece of sugar you get verse over eating the sugar.
- If you stick to a regular schedule of eating than you will be hungry for the right kind of food.
These are just a few steps that can help direct you in the right direction to fight off your sugary demons.Tweet