Cosmetic surgery is generally associated with women, and the vast majority of procedures will be carried out on those who are female. However, an increasing number of men are now opting to improve their appearance through the use of cosmetic surgery. These are the most popular cosmetic procedures requested by Men in recent years.
- Liposuction: Unsurprisingly, this one is top of the list. The procedure removes excess fat from the body, and can be used on almost any area. It is particularly popular when it comes to eliminating stubborn areas of fat that have not been affected by diet and exercise. The legs, abdomen and neck are some of the areas most commonly treated.
- Eyelid Surgery: Medically, this is known as blepharoplasty, and its purpose is to give the patient a younger-looking appearance. It can lift the eyelids, reducing the sagging that often occurs with age, and can also be used to minimize the bags under the eyes, by removing some of the fat from this area.
- Rhinoplasty: This is the reshaping of the nose to make it more proportional with the rest of the face. It is often requested by men who have broken their nose at some point and would like to have it restored to the original appearance, or as close to it as possible.
- Gynecomastia Surgery: This is the removal of tissue from the chest area. Enlarged breasts are now thought to affect up to 60 percent of men, and it can be extremely distressing. Surgical removal of the tissue, which usually comprises fat, skin and breast cells, is becoming increasingly popular, as affected men seek to restore a more masculine appearance to the chest.
- Otoplasty: This surgical procedure repositions the ears to reduce the amount of protrusion and move them closer to the head. The operation usually involves removing and reshaping the cartilage behind the ears, and it may sometimes be known as ear pinning.
These are the most popular surgical procedures among men. However, non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments, such as dermal fillers and Botox, are also increasing dramatically in their popularity, as men seek to make improvements to their physical appearance.Tweet