Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure that reshapes the nose, either to restore its appearance after an accident, or to make it more proportional with the rest of the face. It is one of the most popular surgical treatments carried out for primarily cosmetic reasons.
You will be given some advice about how to prepare for your surgery by the doctor who will be operating, but some basic tips that you should follow can be found here.
- If you smoke, it is highly advisable that you stop before you undergo any surgery on the nasal area. This is because smoking increases your risk of infection considerably, which will delay your healing and may lead to the onset of additional complications. If you are finding it difficult to give up completely, then you should at least consider cutting down as much as possible.
- Ideally, you should not be having surgery if you have any respiratory infections, including something as simple as a cold. Sore throats and coughs are also indications that surgery may need to be delayed. If you are not sure what to do, contact your surgeon for advice. It may be necessary to postpone your treatment in order to reduce the side effects and complications you experience, which will be more severe if you have an infection.
- You may need to stay in hospital for a night or two after the procedure. You can make this more comfortable by being prepared and taking a few items that you will need with you. Night clothes will definitely be needed, along with toiletries and perhaps a book or music player to give you something to do. Hospital stays are not the most interesting of things, but you can help to relieve the boredom by being prepared.
- If you have been given instructions regarding fasting before you attend the hospital, then it is important that you do exactly as you have been instructed. Failure to do so means that your surgery cannot take place as scheduled, and it may even need to be moved to another day.
If there is any uncertainty about what you need to do in order to prepare for your rhinoplasty procedure, then contact your surgeon and ask for all of the details to be confirmed, preferably in writing.
With summer fast approaching, absolutely everyone is eager to get outside and enjoy the sun that we haven’t seen for far too long. Adults and children alike flood outdoors at the first hint of sunshine peeking from behind the clouds, and unfortunately, very little consideration is given to sun safety. You are probably already aware of the dangers associated with spending too much time in the sun, such as sunburn and an increased risk of skin cancer. However, what you may not know is that the number of cases of malignant melanoma is on the rise.
Malignant melanoma is an extremely dangerous type of skin cancer, and the number of cases, particularly among young adults and teenagers, has been rising considerably in recent years. It is often not detected until it has reached an advanced stage, because of the general misconception that cancer does not occur during the teenage years. Late detection means that treatment is more difficult, and less likely to remove the growth completely.
However, following some basic tips can dramatically reduce your risk of developing both melanoma and other types of skin cancer.
- Sunscreen is one of the essential items you need if you are going to be spending any time outside this summer. You might think that it is a chore to put sunscreen on any exposed areas of skin, including the face and neck, but it is important in order to prevent sunburn.
- Avoid Sunburns, This is one of the major risk factors for developing skin cancer, so you should take steps to avoid burning. A deep tan is also just as damaging to the skin. People who have a naturally pale complexion will be most at risk of burning, but even those with darker skin should take care.
- Seek Shade whenever you can. If you are out of the direct sunlight, then you are exposed to fewer of the sun’s harmful UV rays. Covering up with a hat, sunglasses and a T-shirt is also highly recommended.
There is absolutely no reason why you cannot enjoy the sun this summer, but do remember to take these simple precautions to maintain your health and beautiful skin.
Cosmetic surgery is generally associated with women, and the vast majority of procedures will be carried out on those who are female. However, an increasing number of men are now opting to improve their appearance through the use of cosmetic surgery. These are the most popular cosmetic procedures requested by Men in recent years.
- Liposuction: Unsurprisingly, this one is top of the list. The procedure removes excess fat from the body, and can be used on almost any area. It is particularly popular when it comes to eliminating stubborn areas of fat that have not been affected by diet and exercise. The legs, abdomen and neck are some of the areas most commonly treated.
- Eyelid Surgery: Medically, this is known as blepharoplasty, and its purpose is to give the patient a younger-looking appearance. It can lift the eyelids, reducing the sagging that often occurs with age, and can also be used to minimize the bags under the eyes, by removing some of the fat from this area.
- Rhinoplasty: This is the reshaping of the nose to make it more proportional with the rest of the face. It is often requested by men who have broken their nose at some point and would like to have it restored to the original appearance, or as close to it as possible.
- Gynecomastia Surgery: This is the removal of tissue from the chest area. Enlarged breasts are now thought to affect up to 60 percent of men, and it can be extremely distressing. Surgical removal of the tissue, which usually comprises fat, skin and breast cells, is becoming increasingly popular, as affected men seek to restore a more masculine appearance to the chest.
- Otoplasty: This surgical procedure repositions the ears to reduce the amount of protrusion and move them closer to the head. The operation usually involves removing and reshaping the cartilage behind the ears, and it may sometimes be known as ear pinning.
These are the most popular surgical procedures among men. However, non-invasive and minimally invasive treatments, such as dermal fillers and Botox, are also increasing dramatically in their popularity, as men seek to make improvements to their physical appearance.
When liposuction came to the forefront of cosmetic procedures that people could have done, it was anything but simple, or affordable. Although it was something that many people dreamed of, it just wasn’t a realistic option for most. Unless you were rich, or famous, or both, there was no way to afford it, and most importantly, the risks and downtime were far too great for the average person to consider partaking the journey. The face of liposuction has been completely revolutionized. No longer having the risks associated, or the down time that was once required, now a days you can have liposuction procedures done over your lunch period and be back in the office, a whole new person by the end of the day.
SmartLipo is procedure that is done to eradicate cellulite and unsightly fat from under the skin that is now performed with lasers instead of extracting the fat. Doing much less damage to the skin and the connective tissue, there is less worry about blood loss, or overall damage to the area that would cause side effects. Being able to be completed in just an hour, the results are significant, but the time down, the time needed to be done, and the cost are anything but significant.
Although seemingly too good to be true, this may be the one time which it isn’t. SmartLipo is the procedure that can have you completely transformed without any punishment, or sacrifice. Sometimes diet and exercise is just not enough to bring about the change that you desire. Sometimes it is okay to do something for yourself that has lasting results and that come at a cost. You don’t need to be rich, or famous to get the body that you want. Make the commitment to change the things that you don’t like about yourself, and the appointment to follow through with it. With such little cost, and such amazing changes, there is no downside to having the procedure done.
Although it may not be something comfortable to talk about, for those women who need the a labiaplasty, it is even more uncomfortable to live with. Labiaplasty is a surgery that is performed to improve the size of the labia in women who have an enlarged labia presentation. When the female organ is too large, it can not only cause self-esteem problems, in some cases, it can cause pain during intercourse, or when certain tight fitting clothes are worn. There was a time when labiaplasty was done only in extreme cases, but with innovative advances that have been made, labiaplasty is a viable option for many women with little down time, and at a greatly reduced cost.
Having an enlarged labia is something that most of us don’t think about, unless you are someone who has one. When the labia is enlarged it is not only something that can make a women very self conscious, it can also be something that alters their way of life. Causing sexual intercourse to be painful, and for clothes to be uncomfortable, it is not just something that is unsightly, it is something that can disrupt the life of a woman and lower her quality of life.
If you are someone who would like to get information about a labiaplasty, there are many reputable surgeons who can not only walk you through the procedure, but decide upon the best course for your surgical options. With so many innovative advances being made, the possibility to change the appearance of your labia, and your life overall, is not only possible, it is well within your reach.
It seems like a never ending battle, you spend your teen years wishing you were thinner and your adult years wishing you had the bulbous shape of your teens. As you get older the things that used to be full and voluptuous, begin to sag and lose their luster. If you have noticed that your backside has began to slide, there is way that you can restore it to the full look that you had when you were younger. Nothing is more youthful than a round and firm derrière. If exercise has not been enough to make your butt look the way that you want it to, a lower body lift can help you to look good both coming and going.
Skin changes as we begin to age, it begins to lose its elasticity, and the connective tissue underneath can start to ripple, or show flaws through the skin. Cellulite is the term that is used for the ripply appearance at the skins surface, and unfortunately, no amount of exercise, or change in diet, is enough to undo the signs of aging. For some, plastic surgery may be necessary to reverse the hands of time, and the damage of gravity. A lower body lift is the best way to curb the insult of years.
There are many different procedures, all non-invasive, that you can have done that are well within your budget. Liposuction procedures have not only come a long way in the results they deliver, but the risks have been minimized to a great degree, and the cost has become more affordable. Micro-liposuction, Cellulaze and TruSculpt are new innovations in plastic surgery that deliver amazing results that can completely alter the look of your legs and abdominal region. Instead of suffering through looking in the mirror everyday and not seeing what you like, take steps to get the appearance you want without the harmful side effects, or costs of the past.
If you are tired of looking into the mirror to see fine lines and wrinkles that seem to be multiplying on a daily basis, it is time to put a stop to the aging process. Not only can laser resurfacing help to stop the damage that you did in your younger years, it can help to rejuvenate the skin and to have it reproducing the way that it did when you were younger. Your skin will look ten years younger, and you will feel ten years younger for it.
Skin resurfacing is a way of using a laser to change the surface the skin to give it a more youthful appearance. Working on the fine lines and wrinkles, it helps to stimulate cell turnover and increase the collagen of your skin. Instead of Botox, or face lift surgery, there is no risk or harmful side effects to having the procedure done. Taking away discoloration, it returns the youthful appearance to your skin in just a few short treatments. The laser is used to take away the dead skin cells at the surface and to stimulate the growth of new layers.
Much less costly, and less invasive, than other procedures that you can have done to help you look and feel better about yourself, skin resurfacing, is something that can be done in minutes. With just one treatment you will see dramatic results that will give your skin the shine that you haven’t seen in a long time.
Now days you can get plastic surgery just about anywhere, whether you got to the beauty salon or if you go to the dermatologist. They are now giving lip injections at the beauty salon and butt injections at the dermatologist. Recently we have heard of some terrible cases of women thinking they are getting injected with the proper product and then later finding out they were getting injected with such products as fix a flat.
Just as it is important to eat the right foods, it is even more important to know exactly what you’re getting injected into your body. To help you there are 3 p’s of cosmetic surgery to live by: Practitioner, Product, and Place.
- Practitioner- It is important to know the plastic surgeon, or any licensed professional that will be performing your procedure. It is important to ask questions such as, where did they go to school? How many times have they performed this procedure? Can you speak with previous patients?
- Product- Always make sure the product is FDA approved, and that you have done research about the product. Depending on which procedure you’re having done will depend on which product you will be using. It is important to know the different injections they use such as Juvederm, Restly, Radieses and more. If your surgeon does not give you answers or does not know the answers to your questions of the product it is best to find a different surgeon.
- Place- Make sure that your surrounds are safe and clean. For example, you would not want to get botox done in someone’s garage. Find a facility that makes you feel comfortable, and always make sure that the facility has the proper equipment.
It’s always exciting to have a cosmetic procedure done, but it is not exciting when it does not go right and causes harm to your body. This is why it is so important to remember the P’s. Good luck and hope the best for your procedure.
Congratulations, you were finally successful at losing the weight. It was no doubt not an easy thing to do, and it took a lot of sacrifice and hard work. If you have lost the weight, you are probably very excited about the way you look, but there may be some of you that is still a bit disappointed with your appearance. Many people after losing a considerable amount of weight are still saddled with the effects of years of damage due to carrying the additional load.
No matter how much weight you lose, there will still be residual things that you can’t do anything about. It is those things that are the most frustrating. There is a way to change your appearance when diet and exercise aren’t enough to get the results you want. If you are in need of undoing the damage caused by excessive weight, many plastic surgical procedures will help to finish the transformation you are looking for.
Many who have had excessive weight loss will suffer with sagging skin in the abdominal area. Tummy tucks are the best way to get rid of the excess skin that continues to hang where the fat used to reside. They are the most inexpensive, and non-invasive way to get rid of the additional baggage. Another procedure that you may want to consider is liposuction. There are many different liposuction procedures that will help to repair the damage of your skin, as well as the damage done to the connective tissue, from the stretching and shrinking experienced by excessive weight gain and then loss.
A face lift can also help to lift the areas around the face, and chin, which have may show signs of sagging after weight loss. Many new procedures are not only inexpensive, but can be done with little downtime, or recovery time, and at a cost you can afford. Breast augmentation or restructuring is another surgery that will help when there has been considerable loss to the breast area that has caused skin stretching, or scars from weight loss. Most of the innovative new procedures can be undertaken at a cost that is appropriate for most budgets. Well worth the expense, they can aid to have you looking the way that you want both in clothes, and without clothes.
The best way to get the results you desire is by having a consultation to discuss the many options available and what your areas of concern are. The new face of plastic surgery is not only available to just about anyone, but comes with a lot less risk, and a much better result than ever before in history.
Everyone is looking for a fast fix to get energy to get through the day, we take 5 hour shots and drink cup after cup of coffee. Day after day we continue our cycle and eventually the coffee isn’t enough and neither are the energy shots.
After consuming these chemicals our body feels like we’re in a slump. However, if you chose a more natural approach for energy you feel better and still get the energy you need to get through the day.
Here Are 6 Natural Energy Boosts:
1.Meyer Lemons: Lemons are great for your body because they clean the liver, and help the body detox. By using the lemons daily you will wake your digestive system up and your organs will get healthier. Best ways to use the lemon; in your morning tea, desserts, salad dressings and more.
2. Goji Berries: Goji Berries are one of the most nutritionally dense foods on the planet; they are filled with vitamins, minerals, antioxidant, iron, beta carotene and protein. They are actually the Tibetan monks favorite food. Best ways to eat the Goji berry are great snacks to eat plain, or to add to tea.
3. Bee Pollen: One teaspoon of bee pollen contains billions of grains. The grains have protein, carbohydrates and B vitamins. It is actually a natural energizer. Bee pollen boosts immunity, treats allergies and supports the heart. The best way to eat the bee pollen is to add to a fruit salad, smoothie or just take a teaspoon.
4. Matcha (Green Tea From Japan): This is a green powder that posts energy, has antioxidants, beta carotene, fiber, vitamins and minerals. This actually has caffeine within the tea and helps make you moving throughout the day. You can add the powder to a smoothie, drink it as hot tea.
5. Maca: Maca is loaded with minerals and help balance hormones in men and women. Maca will keep you energized for hours. You can add Maca to a morning smoothie. The best part about Maca is, it is a natural mood booster!
6. Magnesium: This natural booster actually helps you sleep; you will fall asleep faster and stay sleeping through the night which many people need! After having an energetic day, you need that sleep that will make you feel rested so you can go about your days every day. You can find magnesium in bananas, dates, almonds, quiona and pumpkin seeds, also can cause in supplement form.
By using some of these different ingredients you will find yourself naturally on energy high without the crash!